Diplomatic visa is a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing diplomatic passports for the conduct of diplomatic duties/assignments in Indonesia.
a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing service passport/Laissez-Passer United Nations, for the conduct of non-diplomatic duties/assignments in Indonesia. Based on reciprocity, the diplomatic and service visas for US citizens are free of charge, provided that the applicant is eligible and all requirements are met. For other foreign nationals, please contact us at email@example.com
All diplomatic and service visa application submitted to the Consular Office of the Republic of Indonesia must enclose a diplomatic note from official agencies/missions/international organizations. The diplomatic note must include the following information concerning the principal applicant for all diplomatic and service visas, whether for temporary visits or assignments:
- Name and date of birth;
- Position and title;
- Place of assignment or visit;
- Purpose of travel;
- Brief description of duties;
- Travel date;
- Anticipated length of stay; and
- The names, relationships, dates of birth, and travel dates of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the principal.
The diplomatic note shall be attached to an
online application form
- A passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Indonesia, which has at least one blank page for visa (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa); and
- Two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality paper. Your photos must be:
- Passport size, where the head is 80% of the image total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken in front of a plain white background
- Note: Do not staple or affixed the photographs on the form.
Due to the pandemic, all applications must be submitted with 4 additional documents:
- Copy of diplomatic note from embassy or mission in Jakarta to Indonesian Foreign Ministry explaining applicant's travel details to Indonesia and stating that the applicant shall fully comply with Indonesian health and safety protocol;
- Copy of the applicant's hotel reservation for the mandatory self-quarantine process (10 days);
- Copy of ticket itinerary;
- Copy of COVID-19 vaccination certificate or vaccination card
Application submitted without complete requirements will be returned without processing.
Health protocol documents to be shown upon boarding flight to Indonesia and upon arrival in Indonesia:
- RT - PCR health test taken 3 x 24 hours before time of departure;
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate or vaccination card (in physical form or digital form)