Diplomatic visa is a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing diplomatic passports for the conduct of diplomatic duties/assignments in Indonesia.
is a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing service passport/Laissez-Passer United Nations, for the conduct of non-diplomatic duties/assignments/military joint exercise in Indonesia. Based on reciprocity, the diplomatic and service visas for US citizens are free of charge, provided that the applicant is eligible and all requirements are met.
All diplomatic and service visa applications
submitted to the Consular Office of the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Washington, D.C. must enclose with the following documents:
- a diplomatic note/verbal note/official letter from the U.S. Department of State Special Issuance Agency addressed to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Washington D.C.
a diplomatic note/verbal note/official letter from the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta to Directorate for Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia
The diplomatic note/verbal note/official letter must include the following information concerning the applicant for all diplomatic and service visas, whether for temporary visits or assignments:
A passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Indonesia, which has at least 2 (two) blank pages for the visa (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa);
two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality paper. Your photos must be:
- Name and date of birth;
- Position and title;
- Place of assignment or visit;
- Purpose of travel;
- Brief description of duties;
- Travel date;
- Anticipated length of stay;
- Embassy/Mission contact point (phone number and email) in Indonesia;
- The names, relationships, dates of birth, and travel dates of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the principal.
- Predecessor’s name (if replacing someone).
copy of ticket itinerary;
Online Application Form from the Indonesian Embassy consular webpage (signed, filled, printed). Access the online application form via this link or choose Start Application button on the upper right side of this webpage.
- Passport size, where the head is 80% of the image total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head;
- Taken within the last 6 months;
- Taken in front of a plain white background.
- Note: Do not staple or affixed the photographs on the form.
Application submitted without complete requirements will be returned without processing.
- Application submission and diplomatic/service visa collection:
- Monday - Friday: 14.00 - 16.00
- For Joint Exercises / Missions conducted in Indonesia (i.e. Joint Military Exercises, Training etc) please also submit invitation letter from the inviting Indonesian institution/agency.
- Health protocol documents to be shown upon boarding flight to Indonesia and upon arrival in Indonesia:
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate or vaccination card (in physical form or digital form).
- Use of SATUSEHAT application.