Effective from June 10, 2015, US Citizen and foreign nationals of 45 countries and territories are eligible for Tourist Visa Exemption.
This type of visa is granted for 30 days, non-extendable and cannot be converted into another type of visa (valid for tourism purpose only).
The visa exemption can only be applied at certain immigration checkpoints, as follows:
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali
- Kualanamu International Airport, Medan
- Juanda International Airport, Surabaya
- Hang Nadim International Airport, Batam
- Sri Bintan Pura Seaport, Tanjung Pinang
- Batam Center Seaport, Batam
- Sekupang Seaport, Batam
- Tanjung Uban Seaport, Tanjung Uban
The complete list of visa-free countries and territories are, as follows:
Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, People Republic of China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong-China, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lao PDR, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Viet Nam.